Monday 1 December 2014

Christmas Countdown

With just two hours to spare, Sophie's new advent calendar was finished and pinned into place!


I wanted to make something very different to Finn's wooden train and settled on a garland of mittens, stockings, envelopes, gingerbread men and birds.


I choose a range of colours that would go with her room and tried to avoid anything too obviously girly or christmasy. I wanted something that would last her for years to come.


 I think mitten 19 with an applique robin is my favourite!






The gingerbread men each carry a small bag (made from lovely liberty bird lawn) on their back,  for advent chocolates. 

The bird's wings are small pouches for carry tiny gifts and the envelopes have press studs so slightly larger gifts can be added.




I looped each item onto the wire hessian ribbon back through itself so that they stay in place whilst hanging.


 I then pinned the whole thing to Sophie's wooden wall shelves.

6 christmas stockings, 6 children's mittens, 6 santa letters, 3 gingerbread men, 3 calling birds and 1 little girl's advent calender!

No comments:

Post a Comment