Saturday 14 February 2015

A Bouquet Blouse

I don't speak any foreign languages - I just don't remember or 'get' the rules. However, I'm always up for a challenge and a donated french book of sewing patterns was just that.


I started with the 'la chemise col claudine Lussac les Chateaux' (Peter Pan Collar of Lussac les Chateaux - a small town in western France). The drawings were very clear and so it didn't matter I couldn't read the instructions!



I used a lovely small floral pattern. I think the final blouse has a Liberty feel about it. The simple pink buttons down the back finish it off perfectly.


I ended up making the age 4 size - French children must be small! And I lowered the front  of the neckline slightly.



Now the much more complicated shorts to attempt...

No comments:

Post a Comment