Saturday 9 April 2016

Butterfly Bedding: Free-motion Machine Embroidery Applique

I found some lovely bed-linen on offer at Mothercare so decided it was just thing for Sophie and something I could personalise with her latest favourite thing - butterflies.


 The bedding I choose was bigger than my duvet but a quick trim and tidy on the overlocker soon sorted this out.


I drew out my butterfly design and copied in onto Bondaweb before ironing it onto the reverse of my fabrics. Each section was then trimmed, the paper peeled off and then ironed onto the bedding.


I then attached my free-motion foot and started sewing over the top of the fabric shapes.



By using a golden yellow thread the sewing is subtle so slips aren't too obvious, but provide some subtle detail.




All finished and given the Sophie seal of approval.









No comments:

Post a Comment