Tuesday, 25 October 2016

A Quilt for Erin

Since working full time my sewing has slowed down considerably. This quilt for Erin has taken so long - but then all good things come to those that wait!

The starting point was some left-over material from Erin's curtains. I found complementary fabrics and started to think about design. I decided on a capital 'E' in a serif font - reminiscent of fonts found on American football jerseys - with each section built of different blocks.

I hand-quilted the letter and then machine-quilted the white space framing the E.

The back is made of series of blocks reflecting the front within multiple frames and the border is made from a large spot fabric - my favourite design for binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment